Located in the heart of a green Breton countryside, Scaër offers its visitors a 100% immersion in nature !
Between the green lane n°7, the forest of Coatloc'h or the banks of the river Isole, you are bound to find playgrounds adapted to your desires. Cyclists, hikers, pedestrians and riders, use the marked trails to discover the commune heritage testimony to a rich and legendary past.
Do not miss: “Scaër la Joyeuse” vibrates every two years, on Pentecost weekend, to the rhythms of the fanfare of the first carnival of Brittany: La Cavalcade !
Scaër was spelt « Scathr » in the 11th century.
Places to visit :
- The chapels of Plascaër, Saint-Guénolé, Penvern, Cascadec, Saint-Adrien, Saint-Paul, Saint-Jean and Coadry
- Coatloc’h state forest
- Cascadec forest
- Coadry Chapel for its murals
- Auguste Brizeux centre
- Métairie gallery
- Megalithic stele
- Saint-Jean menhir
- Calvaries and bread ovens
- Espace Youenn Gwernig municipal media library
- “Ici wifi” Wi-Fi hotspot at the Tourist Office and at the media library
- Aire de jeux
- Aire de pique-nique
Market days :
- On Wednesdays at 17.00 (Ty Allain farm)
- Saturday mornings, place de la Libération (Liberation square) and an organic market
Walk across the country
- 7 circuits are available for mountain biking sign-posted «Site VTT FFC»
- 8 circuits are available for rambling ranging from 3.3 to 15.5 km