Clohars-Carnoët has everything required for a successful holiday, nature and culture.
Clohars-Carnoët is a wonderful destination for a family holiday boasting exceptional natural sites and cultural heritage. You’ll love the beaches at Le Pouldu, a great place to ride the waves, immortalised by artists from Pont Aven’s school of painting. The picturesque port of Doëlan is a popular site and a definite must-visit during your stay. You will also appreciate the tranquillity of Saint-Maurice abbey, unspoilt by progress on the banks of the river Laïta.
The name Clohars-Carnoët comes from « clutuual » or « clouhal » and from Carnoët which signifies “a pile of stones”.
Places to visit :
- The House Museum of Le Pouldu, in Gauguin’s footsteps
- The Abbey site of Saint-Maurice
- The Chapels of Notre-Dame de la Paix, Saint-Maudet and Sainte-Anne en Doëlan
- Trogwal’s Church
- Kercousquet’s mill
- Doëlan’s lighthouses
- Le Pouldu’s semaphore
- Quinquis’ feudal mound
- Promontory fort
- Badinter media library
- Wi-Fi hotspot at the Tourist Office and at the harbour master of Le Pouldu and Doëlan
- Access to the Wi-Fi at the town hall and at the media library
- Play area
- Picnic area
Market days :
- All year round : On Saturdays on the Church square
- From 15 June to 15 September : Wednesday morning at Pouldu