Let yourself be seduced by Moëlan-sur-Mer’s tiny ports, its coastline jagged by rias which move further inland, its charming countryside and its family-size beaches.
For the lovers of culture, chapels, calvaries and megalithic monuments mark the way all around the town. Be guided by pathways bordering the coastline and riversides to discover a preserved nature. As for fanatics of nautical activities they can take pleasure in sailing or kayaking...
Moëlan-sur-Mer originates from Moë, a 16th century Breton monk from Ireland and from « Iann » which signifies « monastry ».
Places to visit :
- Saint-Philibert’s Chapel
- Menhirs and gallery graves
- Allée couverte de Kermeur-Bihan
- Allée couverte de Kercordonner
- Allée couverte de Kergoustance
- The Chapels of Saint-Guénal, Saint-Cado, Notre-Dame de Lanriot and Saint-Pierre
- Bread oven
- The ports of Le Bélon, Merrien and Brigneau
- Municipal library
- « Ici wifi » Wi-Fi hotspot at Bélon’s harbour master
- Wi-Fi access at the Tourist Office and at the library
- Play area
- Picnic area
Market days :
- Tuesday morning : place of the church
- Saturday morning : Kergroës
Walk across the country
- 8 circuits for mountain biking are available and sign-posted «Site VTT FFC»
- 11 circuits available for strolling ranging from 0.8 km to 9.6 km