Blessed with a cultural and natural heritage, Querrien invites you to discover its religious wealth with Saint Kerien on the one hand and on the other hand its historical buildings.
Among the many religious monuments, the site of La Clarté is inescapable! It groups a fountain, a cross and a vault. Did you know that the fountain of La Clarté was famous for its medicinal virtues on the eyes? Many pilgrims wishing to moisten the eyes in the hope to improve or preserve their eyesight have visited the fountain.
Querrien also offers historical buildings such as the megalithic site of Kernobis, old châteaux, feudal mounds but also a stele from the Iron Age !
The name Querrien comes from the name of a 5th century hermit called Kerien who was born in Hybernia (Ireland) and who whilst living in Armorica evangelised the village.
Places to visit :
- Saint-Querrien’s Church with a 17th and 18th century altarpiece and woodwork
- Notre Dame de Clartés Chapel and fountain
- Belle-Fontaine’s Chapel
- Circuits available for walking and sightseeing
- Feudal mounds of Restrenot and Botlan
- The valleys of Naïc and Ellé
- Kerrant-Sparl’s site
- Katelouarn’s site
- “Ti al Lennerien” library
- “Ici wifi” Wi-Fi hotspot at the library
- Aire de jeux
- Aire de pique-nique
Walk across the country
- 3 circuits for mountain biking are available and sign-posted «Site VTT FFC»
- 4 circuits are available for strolling ranging from 1.8 to 9 km