In need of an idea to entertain the whole family ? Fishing on foot is ideal and will please everyone.
It is practised at low tide on the foreshore, the part of a shore between high- and low-water marks where you can find in the sand or under the rocks shellfish like clams or cockles but also shrimps or even crabs such as the swimming crab.
Fishing is a regulated activity. Be sure to comply with the minimum size authorised and pay particular attention to the tidal movements and the beginning of the high tide as to avoid unfortunate situations.
After a successful fishing party, it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labour ! Here is a quick and simple idea to cook your clams.
Our recommended fishing spots :
- In Riec-sur-Bélon: Questeland beach and Anse de Saint Léger (Saint Léger’s cove)
- In Moëlan-sur-Mer : Anse du Gorgen (Le Gorgen’s cove)
Recette de palourdes farcies
- Soak the clams in cold salted water for about 45 minutes.
- Then put them in an empty pot and cook them with shells on.
- Once they are open, remove the upper shell.
- Mix parsley, garlic and butter together and lay a knob on each clam before putting them under the grill for a few minutes.
Préparez votre sortie de pêche à pied en consultant les horaires des marées.
13 06h09 12h30 18h56 2,20m 3,70m 2,25m 033
14 01h13 07h25 13h57 20h08 3,70m 2,20m 3,80m 2,10m 033 035
15 02h32 08h33 15h00 21h08 3,85m 2,05m 4,05m 1,85m 039 045
16 03h30 09h29 15h49 21h59 4,10m 1,80m 4,35m 1,55m 051 057
17 04h17 10h17 16h31 22h45 4,35m 1,50m 4,65m 1,25m 064 071
18 04h59 11h01 17h11 23h28 4,65m 1,20m 4,90m 0,95m 078 084
19 05h39 11h43 17h50 4,85m 0,95m 5,15m 090 094