In need of an idea to entertain the whole family ? Fishing on foot is ideal and will please everyone.
It is practised at low tide on the foreshore, the part of a shore between high- and low-water marks where you can find in the sand or under the rocks shellfish like clams or cockles but also shrimps or even crabs such as the swimming crab.
Fishing is a regulated activity. Be sure to comply with the minimum size authorised and pay particular attention to the tidal movements and the beginning of the high tide as to avoid unfortunate situations.
After a successful fishing party, it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labour ! Here is a quick and simple idea to cook your clams.
Our recommended fishing spots :
- In Riec-sur-Bélon: Questeland beach and Anse de Saint Léger (Saint Léger’s cove)
- In Moëlan-sur-Mer : Anse du Gorgen (Le Gorgen’s cove)
Recette de palourdes farcies
- Soak the clams in cold salted water for about 45 minutes.
- Then put them in an empty pot and cook them with shells on.
- Once they are open, remove the upper shell.
- Mix parsley, garlic and butter together and lay a knob on each clam before putting them under the grill for a few minutes.
Préparez votre sortie de pêche à pied en consultant les horaires des marées.
08 10h44 16h41 22h54 1,35m 4,75m 1,45m 078
09 04h56 11h21 17h17 23h30 4,85m 1,40m 4,65m 1,50m 078 077
10 05h30 11h57 17h52 4,80m 1,45m 4,55m 075 073
11 00h05 06h05 12h34 18h27 1,60m 4,70m 1,60m 4,40m 071 068
12 00h41 06h41 13h11 19h05 1,75m 4,55m 1,70m 4,25m 065 061
13 01h20 07h20 13h51 19h46 1,90m 4,40m 1,85m 4,10m 058 054
14 02h01 08h03 14h34 20h34 2,00m 4,25m 2,00m 3,95m 051 047