In need of an idea to entertain the whole family ? Fishing on foot is ideal and will please everyone.
It is practised at low tide on the foreshore, the part of a shore between high- and low-water marks where you can find in the sand or under the rocks shellfish like clams or cockles but also shrimps or even crabs such as the swimming crab.
Fishing is a regulated activity. Be sure to comply with the minimum size authorised and pay particular attention to the tidal movements and the beginning of the high tide as to avoid unfortunate situations.
After a successful fishing party, it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labour ! Here is a quick and simple idea to cook your clams.
Our recommended fishing spots :
- In Riec-sur-Bélon: Questeland beach and Anse de Saint Léger (Saint Léger’s cove)
- In Moëlan-sur-Mer : Anse du Gorgen (Le Gorgen’s cove)
Recette de palourdes farcies
- Soak the clams in cold salted water for about 45 minutes.
- Then put them in an empty pot and cook them with shells on.
- Once they are open, remove the upper shell.
- Mix parsley, garlic and butter together and lay a knob on each clam before putting them under the grill for a few minutes.
Préparez votre sortie de pêche à pied en consultant les horaires des marées.
16 12h54 18h48 1,20m 4,90m 085
17 01h09 07h02 13h24 19h17 1,15m 4,70m 1,25m 4,80m 083 082
18 01h40 07h30 13h56 19h47 1,25m 4,65m 1,35m 4,65m 079 076
19 02h13 08h01 14h30 20h22 1,40m 4,50m 1,55m 4,45m 072 068
20 02h49 08h38 15h10 21h04 1,60m 4,30m 1,75m 4,20m 063 058
21 03h32 09h26 15h59 22h04 1,80m 4,10m 1,95m 3,95m 052 047
22 04h26 10h37 17h04 23h33 2,05m 3,90m 2,10m 3,80m 042 039