In need of an idea to entertain the whole family ? Fishing on foot is ideal and will please everyone.
It is practised at low tide on the foreshore, the part of a shore between high- and low-water marks where you can find in the sand or under the rocks shellfish like clams or cockles but also shrimps or even crabs such as the swimming crab.
Fishing is a regulated activity. Be sure to comply with the minimum size authorised and pay particular attention to the tidal movements and the beginning of the high tide as to avoid unfortunate situations.
After a successful fishing party, it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labour ! Here is a quick and simple idea to cook your clams.
Our recommended fishing spots :
- In Riec-sur-Bélon: Questeland beach and Anse de Saint Léger (Saint Léger’s cove)
- In Moëlan-sur-Mer : Anse du Gorgen (Le Gorgen’s cove)
Recette de palourdes farcies
- Soak the clams in cold salted water for about 45 minutes.
- Then put them in an empty pot and cook them with shells on.
- Once they are open, remove the upper shell.
- Mix parsley, garlic and butter together and lay a knob on each clam before putting them under the grill for a few minutes.
Préparez votre sortie de pêche à pied en consultant les horaires des marées.
06 10h15 16h26 22h34 4,00m 1,85m 4,15m 054 052
07 05h01 11h14 17h24 23h35 1,80m 3,95m 1,90m 4,10m 050 049
08 06h02 12h23 18h28 1,80m 4,00m 1,85m 049
09 00h45 07h07 13h33 19h33 4,10m 1,75m 4,10m 1,75m 050 052
10 01h57 08h10 14h36 20h36 4,20m 1,65m 4,30m 1,55m 056 060
11 03h03 09h10 15h31 21h36 4,35m 1,45m 4,55m 1,30m 064 069
12 04h02 10h07 16h24 22h34 4,55m 1,25m 4,80m 1,05m 075 080