In need of an idea to entertain the whole family ? Fishing on foot is ideal and will please everyone.
It is practised at low tide on the foreshore, the part of a shore between high- and low-water marks where you can find in the sand or under the rocks shellfish like clams or cockles but also shrimps or even crabs such as the swimming crab.
Fishing is a regulated activity. Be sure to comply with the minimum size authorised and pay particular attention to the tidal movements and the beginning of the high tide as to avoid unfortunate situations.
After a successful fishing party, it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labour ! Here is a quick and simple idea to cook your clams.
Our recommended fishing spots :
- In Riec-sur-Bélon: Questeland beach and Anse de Saint Léger (Saint Léger’s cove)
- In Moëlan-sur-Mer : Anse du Gorgen (Le Gorgen’s cove)
Recette de palourdes farcies
- Soak the clams in cold salted water for about 45 minutes.
- Then put them in an empty pot and cook them with shells on.
- Once they are open, remove the upper shell.
- Mix parsley, garlic and butter together and lay a knob on each clam before putting them under the grill for a few minutes.
Préparez votre sortie de pêche à pied en consultant les horaires des marées.
21 18h07 5,35m 115
22 00h17 06h26 12h47 18h49 0,45m 5,55m 0,45m 5,20m 113 110
23 01h02 07h09 13h32 19h30 0,60m 5,30m 0,70m 4,95m 104 098
24 01h49 07h52 14h18 20h13 0,90m 5,00m 1,10m 4,65m 091 083
25 02h37 08h37 15h07 21h00 1,25m 4,60m 1,50m 4,30m 074 065
26 03h30 09h30 16h02 22h03 1,65m 4,20m 1,90m 4,00m 057 049
27 04h33 10h46 17h12 23h31 2,00m 3,85m 2,15m 3,85m 043 038