In need of an idea to entertain the whole family ? Fishing on foot is ideal and will please everyone.
It is practised at low tide on the foreshore, the part of a shore between high- and low-water marks where you can find in the sand or under the rocks shellfish like clams or cockles but also shrimps or even crabs such as the swimming crab.
Fishing is a regulated activity. Be sure to comply with the minimum size authorised and pay particular attention to the tidal movements and the beginning of the high tide as to avoid unfortunate situations.
After a successful fishing party, it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labour ! Here is a quick and simple idea to cook your clams.
Our recommended fishing spots :
- In Riec-sur-Bélon: Questeland beach and Anse de Saint Léger (Saint Léger’s cove)
- In Moëlan-sur-Mer : Anse du Gorgen (Le Gorgen’s cove)
Recette de palourdes farcies
- Soak the clams in cold salted water for about 45 minutes.
- Then put them in an empty pot and cook them with shells on.
- Once they are open, remove the upper shell.
- Mix parsley, garlic and butter together and lay a knob on each clam before putting them under the grill for a few minutes.
Préparez votre sortie de pêche à pied en consultant les horaires des marées.
02 14h55 20h52 4,55m 1,30m 073
03 03h17 09h27 15h43 21h47 4,75m 1,10m 4,80m 1,05m 078 083
04 04h07 10h17 16h29 22h39 4,90m 0,95m 5,00m 0,90m 087 091
05 04h55 11h06 17h13 23h29 5,00m 0,85m 5,10m 0,80m 093 095
06 05h41 11h52 17h57 5,00m 0,85m 5,10m 095 095
07 00h17 06h26 12h37 18h41 0,80m 4,95m 0,95m 5,05m 094 091
08 01h04 07h11 13h22 19h26 0,90m 4,75m 1,15m 4,90m 088 084