In need of an idea to entertain the whole family ? Fishing on foot is ideal and will please everyone.
It is practised at low tide on the foreshore, the part of a shore between high- and low-water marks where you can find in the sand or under the rocks shellfish like clams or cockles but also shrimps or even crabs such as the swimming crab.
Fishing is a regulated activity. Be sure to comply with the minimum size authorised and pay particular attention to the tidal movements and the beginning of the high tide as to avoid unfortunate situations.
After a successful fishing party, it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labour ! Here is a quick and simple idea to cook your clams.
Our recommended fishing spots :
- In Riec-sur-Bélon: Questeland beach and Anse de Saint Léger (Saint Léger’s cove)
- In Moëlan-sur-Mer : Anse du Gorgen (Le Gorgen’s cove)
Recette de palourdes farcies
- Soak the clams in cold salted water for about 45 minutes.
- Then put them in an empty pot and cook them with shells on.
- Once they are open, remove the upper shell.
- Mix parsley, garlic and butter together and lay a knob on each clam before putting them under the grill for a few minutes.
Préparez votre sortie de pêche à pied en consultant les horaires des marées.
18 18h39 4,75m 077
19 01h00 07h01 13h13 19h13 1,20m 4,50m 1,35m 4,70m 077 076
20 01h36 07h33 13h48 19h47 1,25m 4,45m 1,40m 4,65m 074 072
21 02h11 08h04 14h23 20h23 1,35m 4,35m 1,55m 4,50m 070 067
22 02h46 08h38 15h00 21h00 1,50m 4,20m 1,65m 4,35m 064 061
23 03h24 09h16 15h41 21h43 1,65m 4,10m 1,80m 4,20m 057 054
24 04h05 10h01 16h28 22h33 1,80m 3,95m 1,95m 4,00m 050 047